Ostara / Spring Equinox - March 14, 2019 7pm-9pm
Classes With Meagan Angus
SHIFTING FROM DARK TO LIGHT
Uncover the deep history of this grand resurrection festival honoring the returning life of the Returning Earth and the Increasing Sun. The Spring Equinox marks the halfway point of our orbit around the Sun, and the growing light matches our increasing enthusiasm. Learn how to best harness this energy for the coming year and your community.
Seating is limited to 25 students.
Classes will take place at Mortlake & Co. Bookstore and Art Gallery
121 Prefontaine Place in Pioneer Square
In the eight-part Wheel of the Year series, educator Meagan Angus provides tools and guidance toward reconnecting with these natural rhythms and reclaiming our relationship to ourselves via the Wiccan Sabbats. These lively two-hour classes are held in a relaxed setting at Mortlake & Co. in downtown Seattle. Students come away with a better understanding of the sabbats observed by Witches through lectures on the cosmic interplay that occurs during astrological, astronomical, and meteorological shifts, the effects these events have on us, and the common threads in traditional observances around the world, both modern and ancient.
- A look at the history of the holiday from a modern Pagan/Witch/Magickian standpoint
- Comparison of concurrent holidays in other religions and traditions, with a heavy emphasis on myths, deities, archetypal themes, and symbolism
- The significant astrology of the season, especially lunar
- Astronomical and geological events concurrent with the season
- Suggestions for creating an altar
- Common and traditional forms and methods of observance
- Meditations for ritual use
- Correlating herbs, crystals, Tarot, colors, and more