Samhain / Hallowe’en - October 24, 2019, 7pm-9pm
Classes With Meagan Angus
WITCH’S NEW YEAR
Fall is finally here and—full disclosure—my favorite season! We will take a look at the rituals, history and traditions surrounding possibly the most well known of the Sabbats—Samhain. The true tipping point into The Underworld Journey of Winter, learn how to incorporate archetypes and symbols that can sometimes be dark and spooky into your life as healthy and balanced forms of working with The Shadow.
Seating is limited to 25 students.
Classes will take place at Mortlake & Co. Bookstore and Art Gallery
121 Prefontaine Place in Pioneer Square
In the eight-part Wheel of the Year series, educator Meagan Angus provides tools and guidance toward reconnecting with these natural rhythms and reclaiming our relationship to ourselves via the Wiccan sabbats. During the lively two-hour classes in a relaxed setting held at Mortlake & Co. in downtown Seattle, students come away with a better understanding of the sabbats observed by Witches through lectures on the cosmic interplay that occurs during astrological, astronomical, and meteorological shifts, the effects these events have on us, and the common threads in traditional observances around the world, both modern and ancient.
- A look at the history of the holiday from a modern Pagan/Witch/Magickian standpoint
- Comparison of concurrent holidays in other religions and traditions, with a heavy emphasis on myths, deities, archetypal themes, and symbolism
- The significant astrology of the season, especially lunar
- Astronomical and geological events concurrent with the season
- Suggestions for creating an altar
- Common and traditional forms and methods of observance
- Meditations for ritual use
- Correlating herbs, crystals, Tarot, colors, and more