Imbolc 2019 RECORDING
Classes With Meagan Angus
You are purchasing a DOWNLOAD of my live lecture for Imbolc 2019. You will receive an email confirming your purchase and a 2nd email with a code to a Dropbox folder that you can view or download.
Wheel of the Year Series 2019 – Imbolc: The Quickening
The 2019 cycle of the Wheel of the Year opens with Imbolc, also known as Candlemas in some traditions. This Greater Sabbat represents a light in the darkness of Winter. The lessons we can learn about perseverance and hope at this dark time can serve us throughout the year. And while we are still in the frozen grip of Winter, we are dreaming of what we could sprout in Spring.
In the eight-part Wheel of the Year series, educator Meagan Angus provides tools and guidance toward reconnecting with these natural rhythms and reclaiming our relationship to ourselves via the Pagan Sabbats. During the lively two-hour classes, students come away with a better understanding of the sabbats observed by Witches through lectures on the cosmic interplay that occurs during astrological, astronomical, and meteorological shifts, the effects these events have on us, and the common threads in traditional observances around the world, both modern and ancient.
- A look at the history of the holiday from a modern Pagan/Witch/Magickian standpoint
- Comparison of concurrent holidays in other religions and traditions, with a heavy emphasis on myths, deities, archetypal themes, and symbolism
- The significant astrology of the season, especially lunar
- Astronomical and geological events concurrent with the season
- Suggestions for creating an altar
- Common and traditional forms and methods of observance
- Meditations for ritual use
- Correlating herbs, crystals, Tarot, colors, and more